I’m Hannah or Hanny. I’m from the Black Country but I currently live in West Yorkshire (I tried to leave my accent behind) and I love rock music. I’m in this industry because I love collaborating with people, making friends and being able to create amazing images.
1.When did you first realise you wanted to be a model?
I…Didn’t really! I actually started out as a fashion & beauty photographer. It wasn’t until my friends started blackmailing me for lighting tests while the actual model was getting ready that they realised they could use me. It was through directing others I taught myself how to pose and eventually I swapped sides and gave it a go.
2.At what age did you first start modelling?
I picked it up properly at twenty two when I started drifting out of photography less. It turns out I enjoyed it a lot and I do more modelling than photography now!
3.What was your first big break and how did it arise?
I don’t know if I’ve had my big break yet! I’ve been so lucky that all my friends are in the business and I know tons of photographers, models and makeup artists who are wonderful and it’s been through them I’ve been able to network and shoot.
4.What would you say is your biggest achievement so far?
The amount of people I have met…The friends I have who’s career I have been a small part of at some point. It’s so inspiring to watch the people you grow with climb to the top and have so much passion and talent.
5.How do you like to stay fit?
Usually I do lots of cardio and weight lifting at the gym but I have been really naughty recently. I can’t even say I have a balanced diet right now either…Just…Pizza *drool*.
6.What’s your favourite food?
7.Any advice for people wanting to start modelling?
Do it! It sounds silly, but start practicing on your facial expressions and body language. Look at photos that inspire you. Look at fashion or makeup or whatever it is you like and try to find a style that speaks to you within that. Then start small and either contact a local photographer who you like the look of and pay for a small portfolio session to get to grips with things, or if you have a good friend who is interested in photography, see if you could collaborate.
8.What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
Probably going out with your best friend & she proceeds to tell everyone that the two of you met on a porn website on the “meet sexy singles in your area” tab when she clicked it one night. Safe to say everyone still believes that…
9.What’s song best describes you?
Living dead giiiiiirrrrrl.
10.What would you be if you weren’t a model?
I’m a part time model. I actually work full time as a digital marketing executive.
11.Tell me something about you not many people know?
I’m really scared of wrists. Including my own.
12.What do you like doing in your free time?
I like getting out and doing things. Seeing people, trying new things or nights out. Bring it all on!
13.What do you think is the most interesting thing about you?
I don’t think I’m very interesting until you get to know me and I let my weird spill out…Slowly but surely.
14.What was your nickname at school?
I don’t think I had one in school. Probably just “Hanny” from some friends.
15.What three things do you need to be successful in this industry?
1. KEEP. GOING. You will eventually be sick to death of people. You might feel tired. You might not be confident. Remember why you did it in the first place and why you loved it.
2. Make friends. Find people who share your personality even if they have a completely different style and support one another! You’ll both need it at some point.
3. Be you. As creative, bold or as strangely beautiful as you want to be. You’re only you- don’t waste talent trying to be anybody else. Let your work speak for you.
1. Electric Sun Lab (Insta @Sundazedpan & @muertatheundead)
2. Toxic Imaging & Diane Dakin MUA (Insta @toxicimaging & @dianedakin71)
3. Toxic Imaging & Diane Dakin MUA (Insta @toxicimaging & @dianedakin71)
4. Dave Kai Piper (Insta @davekaipiper)
5. Luke Hayfield (Insta @lukehayfield.photography)
6. Dark Lens (Insta @darklensstudio)
Find Out More Avout Hannah Elle